[Application-profiles-ig] Beginning vocabulary documents

Karen Coyle kcoyle kcoyle.net
Tue Jul 7 19:36:55 BST 2020

All, As I promised at the last meeting, I have started some documents based on our recent decisions (and if not decided, at least our direction). I found it necessary to first define our profile vocabulary and the constraints for that. I wrote up a document [1] that says in words what I think the rules are that govern our concept of profiles. I also created a ShExC schema [2] as an actionable version of the formalism. I did it as ShExC because I do not know other formal languages, such as EBNF. I suppose I could dust off XML Schema but that seems a step backward. If anyone is skilled in other formal definition languages please volunteer to do a version. There are some constraints that I haven't figured out 1) if they are needed or 2) how to express them. An example would be to disallow value constraints unless there is a valueType or valueDataType. We should discuss whether we feel such a rule is necessary and how to implement it. There may be others. I'll add comments in the document where these occur to me. I will now begin what I think is even a more difficult task, which is the user documentation for the profile. That has a very bare bones beginning [3] although I hope to make progress in the next few days. As always, please comment freely, or use the "suggesting" mode of Google Docs to show what you think is better. If your view is entirely different to this it might be best to present us with a new outline or code that shows what you are thinking. kc [1]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VVZXRlM-N9-TV9gpQqeVO5HS8XWRFfqGgkPcY8Sft24/edit#[2]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/blob/master/prototypes/simple/shex4simple.txt[3]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5LCdCgZaKuDWf5pfYndQw0GIiupqmI-WQVNVvuHsIo/edit#——Karen Coylekcoyle kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet

更多的公司mation about the Application-profiles-ig mailing list