[Application-profiles-ig] Agenda, Wednesday, July 15

John Huck john.huck at ualberta.ca
Wed Jul 15 14:52:11 BST 2020

Hi Karen, The agenda link isn't working for me (404 error). John -- *John Huck*, MLIS Metadata Librarian, University of Alberta Library +1 (780) 248-1337 (office) 5-25E Cameron Library, University of Alberta, T6G 2J8 ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ / Amiskwaciwâskahikan / Edmonton *The University of Alberta respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of First Nations and Métis people.* On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 13:20, Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net> wrote: >The agenda for our meeting this Wednesday, July 15, is at:>https://hackmd.io//XNRCNrsfTXiwCEvMlOOhFQ>>Zoom Join URL:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84930188478>>I have created two documents for us to discuss:>>[Vocabulary document](>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VVZXRlM-N9-TV9gpQqeVO5HS8XWRFfqGgkPcY8Sft24>)>>[User document](>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5LCdCgZaKuDWf5pfYndQw0GIiupqmI-WQVNVvuHsIo>)>>The meeting will be a discussion of some issues that have arisen from>those documents, specifically:>>1. *Defaults*: should we just leave defaults up to the local>applications? (Vocabulary)>2. *valueType* and *valueDataType*: both can have values “IRI” (and>perhaps BNODE and Literal?) - is this going to be confusing if both columns>are used? Is there the risk of conflicts (valueType=IRI,>valueDataType=string), and should the vocabulary define rules to prevent>this? (vocabulary)>3. *valueDataType* examples: include “xsd:” in the examples, or can>this be assumed? Do we want to strictly use xsd datatypes or should we make>a default list that has more natural types, like “year”? (User doc)>4. We haven’t defined any particular *value constraints*. We did talk>about a “value constraint type” (e.g. URIstem [1], regex). Could this be>left open, to be internal to applications, or do we need to be more>specific? (User doc)>>Note that the documents are very first drafts, with nothing in them set in>stone. My approach is that someone needs to begin the writing so that>others can read and critique. Add any comments that you would like. You can>add them as Google Doc comments, or you can write suggestions using>"suggesting mode" which is in the pull-down on the right side of the>editing toolbar (little pencil turns into little pencil in a box - go>图)。这两个与一个用户IDwe can see what changes>are suggested and who said what, which will help me moderate the discussion.>>Thank you all,>>kc>>-->KarenCoylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.net>skype: kcoylenet>>-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <https://lists.www.voudr.com/pipermail/application-profiles-ig/attachments/20200715/a8afaae4/attachment.htm>