[Application-profiles-ig] Agenda June 17 meeting

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Mon Jun 15 17:53:58 BST 2020

我们将满足Wednesday at our usual time. The main agenda items are to make some final decisions on basics that we have been working on and, it seems, have come to a rough consensus. We need to finalize that so that we can move forward. The basic issues are these: What does “value type” mean? kc: The valid or expected data type of the value in the instance data for that property. What does “value” (or “value constraint”) mean? kc: Additional constraints beyond the value type. This only needs to be filled in if there are such constraints. Example: value type = literal * is fine if any literal string is valid here. Nothing is entered in “value”. value type = literal; value = “red” “blue” “green” * is needed if not any literal is ok, but must be a choice of one of these specific values Value constraints must match the type given in value type. Should entity be on its own row? Advantages: can associated entity itself with: * cardinality * comments * A separate entity row could be a good place to put Subject URI keyword - as inhttps://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/61#issuecomment-641794396This implies that the profile is processed from top to bottom. * We should articulate this assumption somewhere Might putting the entity ID at the start of each line be an option, if a user feels that this is more readable? Does the entity reference need to be a separate column from the value? If you have a URI/URIstem in the value, and you also need to include more statements about that URI, then you need either to use the URI as your entity ID or you need a separate column for entity IDs/references. *https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/61#issuecomment-640082342*https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/61#issuecomment-641235009Can we decide that URI prefixes and namespace URIs occupy their own columns? Can they also be entered on a separate csv? Can we present a small set of options? There are other questions that are more subtle, and the full list (so far) is at:https://hackmd.io/FwhxKv1bSEa605sNw7cD9w?viewThese were derived from recent calls and from the github issue on value types and values.[1] Tom and I will begin working on a default list of value types and rules for their related values. It is hoped that there will be something ready for a next meeting (July 1). Please join us on this call. kc [1]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/61-- Karen Coylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <https://lists.www.voudr.com/pipermail/application-profiles-ig/attachments/20200615/7d372085/attachment.htm>