[Application-profiles-ig] schema profile for google recipes

Phil Barker phil.barker at pjjk.co.uk
Tue May 26 11:14:24 BST 2020

On 26/05/2020 11:02, Thomas Baker wrote: >On 2020-05-26 11:36, Phil Barker wrote:>>>* "Entity": a thing in the world>>OK>OK>>>>* "Entity shape": a set of statements about an entity>>"Phil is Human; Phil is male" is a set of statements about an entity but is>>not a shape. The statements can't just be any statements about any entity.>You are right! My bad.>>>I prefer:>>>>* "Entity Description" (or just Description) one or more statements about an>>entity>OK - aka instance data.OK >>* "Entity Type" a group of Entities with similar properties and>>characteristics>OK... not as a column of the tabular model itself, but>as part of the narrative around the model, right?Right >>* "Entity Shape" (or "Description Shape") statements in an application>>profile about how Entity Descriptions can be formed for Entities of the same>>Entity Type.>OK, that's a good start! But could one leave it at "statements in an>application profile about how Entity Descriptions can be formed"?Without the "same entity type" the definition would work for the Application Profile as a whole. You may have noticed that I like definitions to be specific as well as accurate. >>>* "Entity shape ID": the @-prefixed identifier used in an>>>application profile to identify the entity shape>>OK>OK>>>>>I'm not arguing for this to be the definitive term, but I don't see a strong>>>>objection to using Entity here as I did with using for the name of a shape,>>>>or the id for a definition of a shape.>>>I'm not sure I follow... I still think "Shape ID" (or>>>"Entity Shape ID") is better than "Entity" as the term for>>>the local identifiers that go into Column A. Are you>>>arguing against that?>>No, I was talking about the term for what goes in to the Type column>>(与URI和文字)[1]。而且为了避免疑问, it's not this value that>>may refer to things in column A, that's the next column, "Value Space">Completely agree that [some term] falls into the Type>column and the actual identifier falls under Value>Space. If you are agreeing (above) that the @-prefixed>identifiers could be called "entity shape IDs", could one>use that term in the Type column? An entity shape ID>seems like the same sort of thing as a URI inasmuch they>are both identifiers:>>Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)>Entity Shape Identifier (EntityShapeID)Well, no, because the value wouldn't be an EntityShapeID. It would be an identifier for an Entity (URIref) or a description of an Entity (BNode), or either (what I called "Entity") Phil -- Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>.http://people.pjjk.net/philCETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology. PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning; information systems for education. CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090 PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <https://lists.www.voudr.com/pipermail/application-profiles-ig/attachments/20200526/140b55ee/attachment-0001.htm>