[Application-profiles-ig] Minutes Oct 21 meeting + action items

Thomas Baker tbaker at tombaker.org
Mon Nov 2 13:41:13 GMT 2020

On 2020-10-27 05:18, Karen Coyle wrote: >同时,我认为这可能是我们的“完整的示例”with some instance data>(maybe evening "conforming" and "not conforming" like in the shex>documentation).I agree this is a great candidate for the complete example. However: - It does not (yet) illustrate valueConstraintType (e.g., IriStem as valueConstraintType used with an IRI stem as valueConstraint). I guess we haven't yet nailed down the starter set for valueConstraintType. I'd suggest: IriStem and Literal (or IRI) Picklist. - Cell J12 has two values - something we haven't quite nailed down yet. We'd need to define what the default interpretation would be: a location must be declared as an instance of one of these classes, or both? Moreover, those values are separated by a comma, which raises some potentially thorny questions. I think we discussed using whitespace for separate values, though that has issues as well. - 'mandatory' and 'repeatable' use 'y' and 'n' as values, which to me raises the question whether we want to recommend this approach for Boolean fields generally. (And whether 'Y' or 'N' would be acceptable as well.) We'd also need to say somewhere which defaults should be assumed - e.g., all optional and all repeatable (as in the original Dublin Core)? [1] - The example also does not illustrate a Boolean column for 'shapeClosed' - in case we want to slip that into the beta release as well. The example is a bit on the long side (four shapes) for use as our complete example, but maybe that's okay. Tom [1]http://www.dlib.org/dlib/July95/07weibel.html-- Tom Baker <tom at tombaker.org>