[Application-profiles-ig] Please review first draft

Thomas Baker tbaker at tombaker.org
Thu Oct 15 12:25:13 BST 2020

Hi Karen, On 2020-10-10 06:31, Karen Coyle wrote: >I have done a first draft of our "alpha release" document:>>https://hackmd.io/pTp9ub_bQbO6vxZra1w-kw?viewThis is a great start! :-) >concentrate on the overall approach for now.我喜欢讲解员/constrainer distinction, though to me it seems a bit orthogonal to the distinction between Shapes and Statements, where Statements are constraints on property-value pairs in the context of Shapes. This is how I the DCAP model: Shapes (Containers of Statements) shapeID shapeLabel shapeClosed (???) Statements (Property-Value pairs) -- For Properties propertyID propertyLabel -- For Values valueNodeType valueDataType valueConstraint valueConstraintType valueShape -- For Statements as wholes mandatory repeatable note One orthogonal, functional view of the elements could be: -- Pillar - sine qua non for profiles propertyID -- Container shapeID -- Explainer shapeLabel propertyLabel note -- Constrainer shapeClosed (???) mandatory repeatable valueNodeType valueDataType valueConstraint valueConstraintType valueShape The story about containers could be that each container holds statements about just one sort of thing. If no shape is specified within a profile, then the container is the profile as a whole, which describes just one sort of thing. Ultimately, we should be able to boil the model down into a story that conveys the overall structure and describes its features in a paragraph or two. That story could characterize metadata as sets of statements about things in the world. If metadata describes more than one sort of thing, then statements about the specific sorts of things can be grouped within container constructs known as "shapes". Tom -- Tom Baker <tom at tombaker.org>