[Application-profiles-ig] Draft of blog post

John Huck john.huck at ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 16 16:32:22 BST 2021

Any of my comments you can consider take-it or leave-it (accept or disregard, as you like). That was the spirit I made them in, anyway. Cheers, John -- *John Huck*, MLIS Metadata Librarian / University of Alberta Library / he/him/his ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ / Amiskwaciwâskahikan / Edmonton *The University of Alberta respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of First Nations and Métis people.* On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 at 03:42, Phil Barker <phil.barker at pjjk.co.uk> wrote: >That looks good, and John's comments are good too. I think you've broken>the back of this.>>I marked a few of my comments as resolved because they have been, but if I>missed any it doesn't mean that I think any more work is needed to make me>happy.>>Good job :)>>Phil>On 16/04/2021 01:43, Karen Coyle wrote:>>I did more editing, thanks to this suggestion below and comments made by>John and Phil. You can see a kind of diff of the changes by going to the>3-dot pull-down menu and clicking on "DiffFromOriginal". Again, the link is>>https://hackmd.io/6v4r3hr9RTKbh7AGIqOdKA>>In cases where I could leave the comment, I did. Some comments disappeared>because I deleted the text they were linked to.>>Thanks,>kc>>On 4/15/21 12:21 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:>>+1 - will incorporate into mine - many thanks - kc>>On 4/15/21 10:48 AM, Phil Barker wrote:>>If it helps, here's a paragraph that I wrote about DC TAP as an update to>a group I'm involved in (it's not great, and apologies for not consulting>when writing it but it was written in a hurry as the request for updates>came very late)>>DCMI is preparing for imminent release of a public draft for comment of>Dublin Core表格应用公关ofiles (DC TAP) specification. The DC>TAP specification aims to facilitate the reuse of existing metadata terms>and concept schemes from existing vocabularies. Initially it is focused on>RDF terms, but we hope it will be applicable to some other approaches.>Essentially it provides a standard tabular format, which is human editable>and machine readable, for documenting which terms should be used and any>constraints on their use. Work is underway on tools to convert application>profiles in DC TAP to other more expressive formats for validating RDF>data, such as ShEx and SHACL.>>On 15/04/2021 18:09, Karen Coyle wrote:>>I didn't realize how hard it would be to write the blog post for the DC>site. I've done a draft - that I'm am not actually happy with, but:>>https://hackmd.io/6v4r3hr9RTKbh7AGIqOdKA>>I would really like to get help with this. I think I'm just not sure how>to write in "DC voice." If anyone has ideas, please shout them out.>>Thanks,>kc>>Non-markdown text is:>>Blog post: DC announces draft of specification for tabular application>profiles>>The Dublin Core Application Profiles Interest Group wishes to receive>comments on the draft specification of the Dublin Core Tabular Application>Profiles (DC TAP). In the spirit of Dublin Core, the DC TAP provides a>basic set of data elements that can address the core requirements of>application profiles.>>The DC TAP consists of twelve elements that can form the column headers of>应用程序配置文件表或电子表格中m. Although only a small>number of elements, the DC TAP can document: metadata description>properties, their cardinality (mandatory, repeatable); RDF node types;>value datatypes; and specific value rules such as picklists and IRI stems>representing namespaces for valid values, and programmable patterns such as>regular expressions. These elements can be grouped to form the descriptive>set for individual entities in the metadata being defined. The DC TAP also>includes columns for labels and notes. It has been designed to be>compatible with metadata in RDF format, but also can be used with other>metadata formats.>>The group is interested in making improvements to the DC TAP based on>actual use. We would very much like to hear from anyone making use of the>DC TAP for their data: what worked, and what didn’t. We would also like to>gather a variety of profiles using DC TAP for others to view as examples.>If you can share your work, please send it to the mailing list given below.>>The DC TAP is defined in a primer and is supported by a vocabulary>document and a template. In addition, there are slides and videos of>presentations of the DC TAP in meetings and conferences that can be viewed.>>The Interest Group wishes to receive comments on the work from all>interested parties. Comments or questions may be presented by opening an>issue in the DC TAP github repository or through the group’s email list.>Posting to the email list is limited to those who have subscribed (to avoid>spam) so you are encouraged to join the list to participate in the>discussion. Note that if you prefer not to join the list the administrator>will forward the message to the list but you might not receive responding>emails.>>-->>Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil> <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>.>http://people.pjjk.net/phil>CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk> <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a>cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.>PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk> <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>:>technology to enhance learning; information systems for education.>>CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in>England number OC399090>PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,>number SC569282.>>>>-->>Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>.http://people.pjjk.net/phil>CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for>innovation in education technology.>PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;>information systems for education.>>CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in>England number OC399090>PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,>number SC569282.>-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <https://lists.www.voudr.com/pipermail/application-profiles-ig/attachments/20210416/8f249520/attachment.htm>