[Application-profiles-ig]文章)美联社itor

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Mon Aug 12 18:34:48 BST 2019

There is an article on the technology behind the Sinopa profile editor in the latest issue of the code4lib journal [1]: Issue 45, 2019-08-09 Developing Sinopia’s Linked-Data Editor with React and Redux An important software product for the Linked-Data for Production phase 2 grant from the Mellon foundation was the creation of a linked-data editor that professional cataloging staff would use to create original RDF descriptions of their collections. Using the Bibframe Editor from the Library of Congress as inspiration, the Stanford University Library-based software development team are actively building a React/Redux linked-data editor for use by a cohort of national, academic, and special libraries. A very popular combination for front-end Javascript applications, this article will explain how React and Redux are used with great success in the editor’s implementation of a domain-specific-language (DSL) called Profiles containing one or more resource templates that specify an HTML form-based user interface for cataloging using RDF. By Jeremy Nelson (Reminder: Sinopia is based on the BIBFRAME editor developed at Library of Congress but is generalizing beyond BIBFRAME profiles. BIBFRAME profiles used Dublin Core Application Profiles as the basis for the elements of the profile.) I note that the Sinopia editor is using JSON for the profile templates, which adds to my current thinking that JSON schema is the best solution for our AP work. I've been looking further at ShEx, as well, and will report on my thinking when I've got clearer thoughts. kc [1]https://journal.code4lib.org/articles/14598-- Karen Coylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet