[Application-profiles-ig] A fuller JSON schema file

Karen Coyle kcoyle kcoyle.net
Wed Aug 28 16:51:42 BST 2019

All, I have created a JSON schema file that represents a description set and has three objects: description, statement, value.[1] It undoubtedly needs work - in fact although it validates as a JSON file it may be riddled with errors. One thing is that transformation software that I tried (from "pretty print" to "JSON-to-YAML) dropped all but the last object. That could mean that I did the multiple objects wrong. Also, there is the issue that JSON does not like for the keys to be repeated, and we'll have to talk about how we want to handle that if we decide that JSON or JSON schema will be one of our vocabulary formats. This version does not include IRIs for vocabulary terms. I wasn't sure of the best way to do that, plus we haven't discussed those. The ones in the schema table [2] are first guesses on my part and need to be reviewed. I presume that we want to express the vocabulary (to the extent possible) using existing and well-known vocabularies that use IRI identifiers for terms, but this is more that needs to be discussed. Very soon Tom and I will put together and post an agenda for the Monday meeting. We have a lot to discuss! kc [1]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/blob/master/examples/schema2.json[2]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/blob/master/schemaList.csv——Karen Coylekcoyle kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet