[Application-profiles-ig] Minutes from April 22 meeting

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Mon Apr 27 01:47:32 BST 2020

All, I have added the minutes to the April 22 meeting agenda, and it is now in our github repo under "minutes" [1]. Here are some of the headlines from those minutes, with more detail available in the file: 1. Order of columns is not fixed - headers define columns. This is necessary for various reasons, including: 2. We have suggested solutions for prefix and namespace, and need proofs of concept 3. We need to nail down the primary elements of the template, their definitions, and their names 4. column headers will eventually need to be represented by IRI's, in a namespace hosted by DCMI 5. Will we define "statements" (property + value)? 6. Do we want to define only the very simple template, or should we also define some with additional features that we think are likely? 7. Other questions: a. How should multiple values be handled? e.g. Multiple labels in different languages would be multiple label columns with "@" language codes, or they could be multiple values in a single cell: "x at en,y at fr" b.The current simple example has blank cells where entities are repeated. Should these be filled in? These will eventually be entered as github issues to be discussed, and our first issues are now registered and waiting for more input. [2] Now, since we all need a good laugh ... we've been recording the meetings so that we don't have to take minutes on the fly. I had seen a hack using Google docs to translate the sound file to text, and I tried that. The result [3] proved itself to be less than useful for taking minutes (aka basically incoherent), but good for the amusement value. Here are some topics that turned up there that I didn't remember from the meeting: "introduce your model Mustangs" "Demi Moore yusuke" (aka Dublin Core, I believe) "Metro PC label" "see where Holmes was if Tom's goal is Billy good" "yeah Mom" "github cake oil" (kcoyle?) "Sherry is Greenland whiskers" "Thomas Morley Spirit" "what you do with that are strollers" and many, many others. And to whoever said: "I'm so stupid I'm a truck" all I can say is: don't be so hard on yourself. No one noticed. kc [1]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/blob/master/meetings/2020/2020-04-22.dcap_zoom_call.md[2]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/59,https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/60[3]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y3rEmWvbUEPGpnpgI-uD-y0mznOE0Cv823dU3oldkhQ/edit-- Karen Coylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet