[Application-profiles-ig] New issue: Rename "value type" to "node type"

Karen Coyle kcoyle kcoyle.net
Fri Aug 14 18:12:40 BST 2020

Created as issuehttps://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/68We have tentatively settled on 2 columns that define the type of the value: value type: one of "Literal, non-literal, URI, BNODE" value datatype: any datatype defined in the xsd list and then there will be 2 columns that define the constraints on the value (which must be consistent with the type): value constraint type: to be defined, but necessary to interpret the next column value constraint: the expression of the actual constraint, such as a list of strings, a list of URI stems, a ShEx snippet, a formula, a regex. I am afraid that "value type" will be confusing on the surface because many will confuse it with "value datatype". The significant meaning of the "value type" column is that it is the node type of the object of the predicate/property in the propertyID column. For this reason I think we should rename this "value type" to reflect the fact that it is an RDF node type, not a datatype. I'm suggesting "node type" but there may be other names that would get that across: "value node type" "RDF node type" etc. W3C document that defines nodes:https://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-rdf11-concepts-20140225/#section-rdf-graph——Karen Coylekcoyle kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet