[Application-profiles-ig] Apologies - no meeting possible next week

John Huck john.huck at ualberta.ca
Fri Jul 17 22:04:13 BST 2020

Hello all, I have finished making notes from this week's meeting. I ended up opting for a kind of condensed transcription format. It may have taken a bit longer, but it meant I didn't have to make as many judgements about what to include or leave out, which is tough when the discussion is abstract! I'm happy to take feedback on whether this format is useful or not, in case I do it again.https://hackmd.io/XNRCNrsfTXiwCEvMlOOhFQ?bothI didn't make any additions to our working documents, but I imagine that someone could use my notes to do that. Cheers, John -- *John Huck*, MLIS Metadata Librarian, University of Alberta Library +1 (780) 248-1337 (office) 5-25E Cameron Library, University of Alberta, T6G 2J8 ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ / Amiskwaciwâskahikan / Edmonton *The University of Alberta respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of First Nations and Métis people.* On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 11:43, Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net> wrote: >All,>>Although we had enthusiasm for a meeting next week, it turns out that>both Tom and I have that time slot taken on both Tuesday and Wednesday,>and Tom is on vacation starting Thursday (and may not be around to start>the Zoom session). So we will have to revert to our regularly scheduled>meeting on July 29.>>To move us along, though, I'm posting here my current list of open>questions - ones that are needed for the documents that are in progress.>I have created github issues for four of them - these are ones that seem>需要更多的比我们可以覆盖在一个一个的讨论-hour meeting, so I'm>hoping that we can hash out some of the ideas over the next days so that>when we come up to the meeting we'll have either an answer or a limited>number of options. (p.s. Open other github issues if you want to discuss>anything else. I didn't want to overwhelm folks with too many at once.)>>Here are the questions:>>Vocabulary document [1]>>- Overlap of valueType and valueDataType (e.g. both can be "IRI") - is>this a problem? Do we need some rules to govern this?>- What to say about valueConstraint>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/63>- What to say about use of/conflicts with base vocabulary? also should>we address profiles of profiles?>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/64>- Are there rules to be defined within the vocabulary, e.g. if you have>a value constraint you must have a value? Or can we leave this loose?>>>User Guide [2]>>- What is our advice about putting strings in quotes? Are quotes>required for strings with RDF language codes?>- How to put multiple values in a single cell, e.g. multiple labels with>language codes, pick lists>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/65>- We need to say something more concrete about where the prefixes are>defined, so please give suggestions:>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/66>>I'll put all of this into an agenda and will update it if others arise>in our discussions.>>Thank you,>kc>>[1]>>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VVZXRlM-N9-TV9gpQqeVO5HS8XWRFfqGgkPcY8Sft24>[2]>>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5LCdCgZaKuDWf5pfYndQw0GIiupqmI-WQVNVvuHsIo>>-->Karen Coyle>kcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.net>skype: kcoylenet>-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <https://lists.www.voudr.com/pipermail/application-profiles-ig/attachments/20200717/f696f705/attachment.htm>