[Application-profiles-ig] Apologies - no meeting possible next week

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Sat Jul 18 18:43:04 BST 2020

Thanks, John, these notes are great! I'll read through to see if there is anything else I need to add to the documents (which I have not yet finished but did do some of the more clear edits, e.g. eliminating defaults). kc On 7/17/20 2:04 PM, John Huck wrote: >Hello all,>>I have finished making notes from this week's meeting. I ended up opting>for a kind of condensed transcription format. It may have taken a bit>longer, but it meant I didn't have to make as many judgements about what>to include or leave out, which is tough when the discussion is abstract!>I'm happy to take feedback on whether this format is useful or not, in>case I do it again.>>https://hackmd.io/XNRCNrsfTXiwCEvMlOOhFQ?both>>I didn't make any additions to our working documents, but I imagine that>someone could use my notes to do that.>>Cheers,>>John>>-->*John Huck*, MLIS>Metadata Librarian, University of Alberta Library>+1 (780) 248-1337 (office)>5-25E Cameron Library, University of Alberta, T6G 2J8>ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ / Amiskwaciwâskahikan / Edmonton>/The University of Alberta respectfully acknowledges that we are>situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of First Nations and>Métis people./>>>On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 11:43, Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net>kcoyle at kcoyle.net>> wrote:>>All,>>Although we had enthusiasm for a meeting next week, it turns out that>both Tom and I have that time slot taken on both Tuesday and Wednesday,>and Tom is on vacation starting Thursday (and may not be around to>start>the Zoom session). So we will have to revert to our regularly scheduled>meeting on July 29.>>To move us along, though, I'm posting here my current list of open>questions - ones that are needed for the documents that are in>progress.>I have created github issues for four of them - these are ones that>seem>需要更多的比我们可以覆盖在一个一个的讨论-hour meeting, so I'm>hoping that we can hash out some of the ideas over the next days so>that>when we come up to the meeting we'll have either an answer or a limited>number of options. (p.s. Open other github issues if you want to>discuss>anything else. I didn't want to overwhelm folks with too many at once.)>>Here are the questions:>>Vocabulary document [1]>>- Overlap of valueType and valueDataType (e.g. both can be "IRI") - is>this a problem? Do we need some rules to govern this?>- What to say about valueConstraint>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/63>- What to say about use of/conflicts with base vocabulary? also should>we address profiles of profiles?>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/64>- Are there rules to be defined within the vocabulary, e.g. if you have>a value constraint you must have a value? Or can we leave this loose?>>>User Guide [2]>>- What is our advice about putting strings in quotes? Are quotes>required for strings with RDF language codes?>- How to put multiple values in a single cell, e.g. multiple labels>with>language codes, pick lists>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/65>- We need to say something more concrete about where the prefixes are>defined, so please give suggestions:>https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/issues/66>>I'll put all of this into an agenda and will update it if others arise>in our discussions.>>Thank you,>kc>>[1]>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VVZXRlM-N9-TV9gpQqeVO5HS8XWRFfqGgkPcY8Sft24>[2]>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5LCdCgZaKuDWf5pfYndQw0GIiupqmI-WQVNVvuHsIo>>-->Karen Coyle>kcoyle at kcoyle.netkcoyle at kcoyle.net>http://kcoyle.net>skype: kcoylenet>-- Karen Coylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet