[Application-profiles-ig] ShExStatements first version

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Tue Mar 24 15:21:05 GMT 2020

Hi, John, thanks for this! I'm trying to make the mapping from our template to yours. It appears that your template reads: entity | property | value | cardinality | comments Whereas ours reads (leaving out the unused elements): entity_id | property | value_type | value | mandatory | repeatable | annotation Two things immediately jump out as ones we have recently discussed: 1. We are separating the value type and the value. Am I correct that you are using a single position for those? I see things like: @painting,P31,Q3305213 @painting,P572,xsd:dateTime @painting,P170, at creator@creator,P2561,LITERAL,#name in which Q3305213, xsd:dateTime, @creator, LITERAL all occupy the "value" column. 2. We are separating the cardinality functions of mandatory and repeatable because we figure that many people don't understand the more compact notation, either the UML-type notation of "1..n" nor the ShEx values borrowed from regular expressions. Would it be possible to create a transform that makes use of our more verbose template? (We would have to decide what to use for the values of mandatory/repeatable - "y/n" or "1/0" or "T/F" ... ) Thanks, kc On 3/23/20 5:34 AM, John Samuel via Application-profiles-ig wrote: >Hi,>>The first version of ShExStatements is now released:>https://github.com/johnsamuelwrites/ShExStatements>>The main goal is to help newcomers easily write shape expressions. The>users write a CSV file and ShExStatements will translate it to a shex file.>>Take for example, a CSV file concerning a language (with prefixes):>https://github.com/johnsamuelwrites/ShExStatements/blob/master/examples/language.csv>is translated to a shape expression>(https://github.com/johnsamuelwrites/ShExStatements#quick-start). As you>can see, there are five columns. Columns 3,4 and 5 are empty for>prefixes. Columns 1, 2, 3 are mandatory for others. Column 3 can be .>(to say any value). Column 4 is for cardinality (+,*) and column 5 for>comments.>>More examples can be found here:>https://github.com/johnsamuelwrites/ShExStatements/tree/master/examples>>In my opinion, it's possible to consider such CSV files for describing>application profiles.>>Please let me know if you have any questions/remarks.>>Best Regards,>John Samuel>https://johnsamuel.info/-- Karen Coylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet