[Application-profiles-ig] schema profile for google recipes

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Thu May 21 16:19:00 BST 2020

On 5/21/20 3:44 AM, Phil Barker wrote: >>Hello friends, I have drafted a csv sheet for the Google Recipes><https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/recipe> profile of>schema.org>>It's in Google Docs for now, at>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqHWwRE2wUvOKRThZu6HQ4WAIfBimsXCVCPo7CrSiLQ/edit#gid=365285328>>Some questions before I export as a csv and put into our github repo as>a sample:>>0. Are we happy with these column headings for now?I think we will have to be if we wish to move forward - the naming discussion seems to be without end, so let's adopt these and discuss naming at a future date. >>1. Cardinality: I used the single column with values like 1,-1; 0,1 as>in most of samples I looked at, but I recall we discussed separating>that column into mandatory and repeatable to be more user friendly. Did>we reach an agreement on what to do?我们同意去有两个科勒姆ns - mandatory and repeatable - as the convention with values such as "0,1" would not be familiar to non-programmers. We did not however make a decision about the values for those columns. I've done some examples with simply "y/n", but that does not allow for a maximum number for repeatability. Can we use y/n for now and discuss the need for a numeric repeatability value later? >>2. Comment: I've never been sure whether this column is for comments to>be passed on to metadata creators giving further instructions (akin to>rdfs:comment) or an internal comment about the statement in the AP (akin>to code comments). I think the former makes sense, is that right? I put>any additional comments about the AP into an untitled columnIt was added as instructions for metadata instance creators. Your comments here seem good. >>3. Type for values that can be BNodes or URIs (akin to NonLiteral in>ShEx): I think remember this being discussed, did we decide on what>value to use? I used Entity based on a vague recollection of that>discussion.Entity made sense when we were calling the first column "entity". Now that the first column as become ID it doesn't as obviously refer to the identifiers in that first column. But let's call it entity for now, in absence of anything better. (I'm sorry to lose the name "entity" for that first column because it seemed to me that it referred to the "things" of a metadata scheme. But with the namespace prefixes there it's harder to make that connection. See, the naming part is the hardest!) I've been working on adding an example based on John Samuel's Wikidata Hospital schema. [1] I'm going to add labels to it now, and hope they get moved to the output. Will test if I can. kc [1]https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/tree/master/prototypes/wikidata_hospital>>There are quite a few other questions (see the comments in the sheet)>but I think those are mostly known and logged as open issues />requirements in github.>>Phil>>-->>Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>.http://people.pjjk.net/phil>CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for>innovation in education technology.>PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;>information systems for education.>>CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in>England number OC399090>PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,>SC569282数量。>-- Karen Coylekcoyle at kcoyle.nethttp://kcoyle.netskype: kcoylenet