(应用程序概要文件s-ig] Introducing Application Profile related attempts

Thomas Baker tom at tombaker.org
Wed Apr 24 13:59:53 BST 2019

Welcome, Nishad! I really like how you frame this as a YAML-based minimal vocabulary for use in preprocessing - and _not_ as yet another standard ontology. Targeting document and schema-generating workflows on the back end with something lightweight sounds like a really good approach. I'm curious about the modular and extendable aspect of the YAML format (and library support). I'm picturing that it could be easy to generate simple YAML from a spreadsheet or CSV but that, beyond a certain level of complexity, generating the YAML itself could become a challenge. Do you have any links you'd like to share? Tom On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 01:12:24PM +0900, Nishad TR wrote: >I’m a graduate student from the University of Tsukuba, Japan. I’m working with simplifying Application Profile creation for various communities. My recent attempts were creating a YAML based minimal vocabulary and specification as a preprocessor for Application Profiles. My approach is to make it as light and modular to make the format actionable, extendable and straightforward.>>My attempts are not to create a new standard, but to develop an interoperable preprocessor/translator including workflows for generating standards put up by stewardship groups. It includes creating a Python library to parse, validate, render using templates, and use external libraries and tools to extend the use-cases programmatically.-- Tom Baker <tom at tombaker.org>